Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 a year of HOPE

I am horrible about keeping up with things, I always loved the idea of a diary, but stuck with it maybe a week then moved on. i realize now the older I get the more and more i wish i would have stuck with it. Memory is a funny thing.

A LOT, has happened since i last wrote. of course i last wrote like 2 years ago, so i would hope that a lot has happened.

We are now on our 3rd year of fostering. we have had a total of 5 beautiful children call us mommy and daddy, for a season.

V went home, came back 3 months later, then returned home once again. She has now been with her mommy for almost 2 years!!! WHAT?? that sweet 4 month old that stole my heart in every way is now 3 and will be 4 this year! that does NOT seem possible!!!!!!

G and J came to us shortly after V went home, they were a welcomed sight! March 14, 2013, the day after my birthday! we spent 11 wonderful months loving on these guys,( 3 of those months we had V too, they all LOVED each other SO much)  when they came to us they were 2 and 4. so much different than a 4 month old baby LOL and a lot louder ;)
we love those two so very much and i am thankful for the season i was called to be their mommy. They may never know how much they saved me, pulled me out of the dark place after V left, reopened my eyes to the beauty of this walk of life. I am thankful to their grandmother who still allows us to see them and have them spend the night. They went home to be with her in Feb of 2014, it was a sad but joyful day, another story of hope and restoration, a story of God at work.


and once again in March we got the call, this time March 11, 2014, two days before my birthday =)

TWINS!!! 3 month old TWINS!!! (enough said right?!? HAHA)

almost 10 months now with us(the fastest 10 months EVER), i honestly can say i have no idea what the future holds with these two amazing love bugs, but i have learned after 3 yrs of fostering you never really know anything until it is done.

It is hard this time, I havent been able to make that connection with family like in the past. I do reach out and send letters and pictures, but i havent had that face to face time, which i think is important. And i dont know if i will be able to have that face to face time this go around, but like always my first prayer is for the best interest of the children. They are the ones who have no control, trusting in the grown ups around them, and above everything I want these guys, and their wonderful big sister, to have the best life available to them. So we are praying and trusting in Gods plan and what His will is for their little lives, I know no matter what they will be great men, and women, of GOD. They have a higher calling in this life, and I want them to succeed in everything they do!

I do pray that this year I will be able to better outreach to this family(and all other families who come into our path thru fostering or not), to build them up in He who is GREATER than any situation. Because all we are really called to do while on this earth is to lead people to HIM, and show them true LOVE, love without judgement and condemnation, a GOD kind of love. It is very hard sometimes, but it is my desire that i can truly LOVE how He loves!

I have decided that 2015 is my year of HOPE, hope for peace, hope for His plans to unfold, hope for patience, hope for my forever family (biological and adoptive, b/c i will have both!!) HOPE, without it you cant have FAITH, and without faith it is impossible to please GOD and that is all i want for this year, is to please HIM!

NO MATTER WHAT my future holds, i have HOPE!

1 comment: